PADI Equipment Specialist Course
Have you tried diving underwater and a minor problem happens with your equipment but you do not know what to do? Are you unsure of the proper way of cleaning and maintaining your scuba gear? Then the PADI Equipment Specialist Course is fit for you.
The Equipment Specialist Course will train you how to handle basic scuba diving gear repairs and adjustments. It will teach you more about your diving equipment, how they work, and how to maintain and care for them.
PADI Equipment Specialist Course
The PADI Equipment Specialist Course takes 1 day to complete with 3-6 hours of development training sessions and demonstrations. The following topics will be imparted:
- Theory, principles,and operation of diving gear
- Routine, care, maintenance, and storage of diving equipment
- Common equipment problems and professional maintenance measures, including demonstration of basic repair procedures
- Recommendations for comfortable equipment configurations
- Introduction to new diving gear
It is important to remember that this is not a repair course. The PADI Equipment Specialist course, however, can serve as a foundation if you want to pursue in diving equipment repairs, as it helps you learn more about the different diving gear, how they operate, how to make adjustments, and how you can deal with minor glitches relating to the equipment.
Equipment Specialist Course Benefits
Some people think it is not worth the time and money to take this course, but if you value proper care for the equipment that you have invested in and if you value added safety and comfort in diving, then this course is definitely not a waste of time and money.
The PADI Equipment Specialist Course poses the following benefits:
- Results to a safer, more comfortable, and more confident diving experience;
- Helps you understand not only the purpose of your equipment, but also how they actually work;
- Teaches you what problems commonly occur in certain equipment;
- Helps you spot problems before they happen;
- Allows you to do adjustments and repairs for minor equipment glitches;
- Acquaints you with new equipment that may be of use to you in the future; and
- Allows you to get the best performance of the equipment that you have.
Equipment Specialist Course Prerequisites
To take this course, you have to be at least 10 years old with a PADI (Junior) Scuba Diver certification or higher.
PADI Equipment Specialist Course Equipment
Your instructor will usually tell you to bring your own basic scuba gear for your equipment specialty course. During your class, you will also be presented with the other diving equipment for demonstration and training purposes.
PADI Equipment Specialist Course Tips
If you are planning to take this course, remember to bring your own scuba gear with you as usually directed by your instructor to be able to actually go over your own equipment and know when they need adjusting or fixing in the future.
Another tip is to know about your instructor. It is advisable to go for an instructor who actually maintains, services, and fixes diving equipment to get the best knowledge and advice needed.
To view the PADI courses available at Sea Explorers, see here: PADI Diving Courses Philippines