PADI Adaptive Support Diver Course
People with disabilities, whether physical or mental, can still go diving. They just need support from buddies who are trained to back them and encourage them during the adventure. Taking the PADI Adaptive Support Diver Course will teach you the techniques in diving with a disabled buddy for a safe and enjoyable experience.
PADI Adaptive Support Diver Course Description
The PADI Adaptive Support Diving Course involves a knowledge development and accessibility workshop, followed by one confined water workshop and one open water dive workshop. The course will help you better understand divers who are physically or mentally challenged. It will train you to become their good diving buddy despite their disabilities.
The course will specifically teach you the following:
- Becoming more aware and attentive to certain concerns when diving with people who are physically or mentally challenged;
- Adaptive techniques that you can use when diving with buddies who are disabled;
- Correctly and effectively assisting disabled buddies achieve a certain goal; and
- Focusing on what a disabled diver can do rather than his or her weakness.
PADI Adaptive Support Diver Course Prerequisites
To enroll in the PADI Adaptive Diving Course, you must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be at least 15 years old;
- Must be a PADI Open Water diver or a PADI Freediver; and
- Must have completed the Emergency First Response (EFR) Primary & Secondary Care course within 24 months.
It is also recommended that you take the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course first before taking the adaptive support diving course. This will allow you to have the proper trim and good buoyancy skills when training to dive with a disabled buddy.
PADI Adaptive Support Diver Course Gear
You will be using your basic scuba diving or free diving equipment with this course, as well as some special equipment that may be used depending on your buddy’s disability.
PADI Adaptive Support Diver Course Philippines Next Step
Completing your PADI Adaptive Support Diving Course here in the Philippines may be used for advancing in PADI Advanced Open Water Course and PADI Master Scuba Diver.
Currently, PADI Adaptive Support Diver Course is not available at Sea Explorers. To view the diving courses at Sea Explorers, see here: PADI Diving Courses Philippines