Sea Explorers PADI IDC Info 2015
Thank you very much for contacting us regarding our PADI GoPro programs.
With a great variety of diving sites including hard and soft coral reefs, walls, wrecks and pelagic sightings, the Central Visayas is the perfect place for improving the diving skills in different environments and for teaching a big scope of specialties. This region is part of the Coral Triangle, the area with the biggest marine biodiversity in the world. More than 75% of the known coral species are found here, as well as 6 out of 7 species of turtles and about 2.228 species of reef fish, out of a total of 6.000, find their home in this area. It is the most important and diverse marine ecosystem on the Earth. It is possible to find very rare species, from the smallest pigmy seahorse to the biggest whale shark, non forgetting mantas and other rays, all kind of frogfish, ghost pipefish, ribbon eels, mimic and blue ringed octopuses, flamboyant cuttlefishes, sea snakes, giant groupers, dog tooth tuna and all sort of invertebrates and coral reef fish, as well as unique shark species (like the thresher shark), dolphins and whales.
There is a huge range of accommodations from budget lodges to luxury resorts, and thousands of people of all kind of budgets visit the area every year for enjoying its fantastic environment. For thus and other reasons, our dive centers are becoming more and more popular for scuba diving training up to professional levels, and we are in the right situation to offer the perfect environment for all those people who want to combine training and pleasure.
Divemaster Trainings can start anytime along the year, and the candidates can complete different parts of their program in any of our 5 branches around the Visayas if needed. They will be trained under the direct supervision our Course Directors and with the help of our most experienced Instructors.
For 2015 we have 5 scheduled PADI IDC programs on Malapascua Island:
We run our IDC programs at the Buena Vida Resort & Spa on Malapascua and at the Pura Vida Beach & Dive Resort in Dauin. The facilities include fully air conditioned classroom, computer based training aids, onsite pool in Dauin (confined open water on Malapascua), beach side bar & restaurant and free Wi-Fi use.
The IDC consists of two parts: the Assistant Instructor Course (AI) and the Open Water Scuba Instructor program (OWSI). Successfully completing the whole IDC program qualifies you to attend the PADI Instructor Examination (IE). Additionally, we also offer the Emergency First Responder Instructor course (EFRI) that covers Primary Care, Secondary Care and Care for Children, and it is compulsory for becoming PADI Instructor.
When purchasing the whole IDC GoPro Pack (IDC+EFRI), we start the course with a free 1½ days program (IDC prep) as a preparation for the IDC and we give you a 33% discount on the Emergency First Response Instructor course (EFRI) + free O2 Provider Specialty Instructor course (O2Prov. I). The O2Prov I. is compulsory for teaching EFR in some countries.
The duration of the IDC GoPro Pack (IDC prep+IDC+EFRI+O2 Prov.I) is 17 days, including orientation & paperwork (½ day), IDC preparation (1½ days), IDC (11 days), EFRI and Oxygen Provider Instructor (1 day) and 2 remedial days (that will probably be 2 days off if your performance is good). The days will typically start at 8:30am and end around 5pm in a relaxed resort setting.
We also offer the possibility of a Pro Tune Up before the starting of the course. It consists in 2 days of lectures for refreshing the dive theory and inwater trainings focused on remediating buoyancy problems (with a PPB clinic) and other diving skills like CESA, underwater navigation with a compass…
The IE is an evaluative program that tests your teaching ability, dive knowledge, skill level and understanding of the PADI system.
Additional training days can follow the IE if you want to enroll in any Specialty Instructor (SI) program or get into the Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT) preparation, and obtain 5 Instructor Specialties (SI programs). The number of dives of any SI program is the half of the dives of the related Specialty.
Not including the SI programs or the MSDT preparation, there are 10 in water training sessions. 2 for IDC prep (skill circuits, Rescue exercise#7 and conducting descends, ascends & CESA), 4 for Confined Water Presentations (at the sea), 1 for buoyancy adjustments and Confined Water Presentation at the swimming pool used for the IE and 3 for Open Water Presentations.
We also offer the possibility of Teamteaching with our instructors and obtaining your first certifications after the IE. The Instructor Internship Program has a minimum duration of 1 week and can be extended to a maximum of 6 weeks and can be a great value towards you MSDT certification.
- 5 tanks for remedial training and/or fundiving during the course.
- 20% discount on food and drinks at Buena Vida bistro, Ocean Vida bar & restaurant and at Pura Vida Beach & Dive Resort.
- 20% discount on dive equipment at Sea Explorers Dive Shops.
- 2 Sea Explorers T-Shirts.
To enroll in the IDC you will need to:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be certified as a diver for at least six months.
- Have 60 logged dives that include experience in Night, Deep and Navigation.
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or a PADI Assistant Instructor or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician
- within the last 12 month.
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months.
- You’ll need 100 logged dives to take the Instructor Exams.
Some specialties may have additional pre-requisites:
- For Enriched Air Nitrox Instructor you need to be a Nitrox certified diver. • For the Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor rating you need to be an
- Emergency Oxygen Provider.
- For Sidemount Instructor you need to be a Sidemount diver and have 20
- logged dives sidemounting.
PADI Materials and Fees
IDC Duration and Prices
* Any extra day will be charged at PHP500/day
Prices include equipment rental but don’t include PADI IDC materials & certification fees / SF & EC.
The sanctuary fees (SF) are helping in conservation of the environment and natural resources and have to be paid in cash on spot.
- SF: Php150/dive resp. (Php200 with camera) in the whole area of Dauin.
- SF: Php300/day resp. (Php350 with camera) in Apo Island outside the sanctuary area.
- SF: Php400/day resp. (Php450 with camera) in Apo Island inside the sanctuary area.
- SF: Php50/dive at dive spot Monad Shoal (only when fundiving).
- SF: Php150/day in all places (government tax only when fundiving).
- SF: Php500/diver or snorkeler for Calanggaman Island (entrance fee).
The extra charges (EC) are intent for covering additional costs on daytrips because of the long boat rides away from Malapascua and cannot be included in the diving course rates.
- EC: Php150/diver extra charge for Doña Marilyn Wreck & Calanggaman Island.